Who doesn’t LOVE food?!?!?!
Food should fuel our bodies and helps us celebrate what our bodies can do. Healthy food is a great way to self-love, but is often given a bad rep for being “restrictive” and bland in flavor.
So for this Meal Prep with Missy & Micah, we cook-up some healthy comfort food options to stay warm in this chilly weather AND that packs a punch in flavor and is easy to fit into your MACROS. Healthy food should not be
restrictive nor lack in flavor. Get your taste buds ready and watch the above video!! (Our camera got blurry at the end, so we had to cut out Missy’s recipe explanation, but don’t worry we got you covered with all the info below!!)
Micah’s Indian Curry-
-1 Can of Lentils
-1 Package of Seitan (already cooked in package)
-1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
– 2 Cups of Broccoli
– 2 Garlic Cloves
-1/4 of a Red Onion
– 1 Can of Maya Kaimal Indian Simmer Sauce
Dice up veggies, onion and garlic. Placed all ingredients, including the cooked Seitan strips, into a big sauté pan. Pour the sauce over all ingredients and simmer 10-15 minutes until seitan and lentils are warmed through and veggies are soften but still have a crisp to them. This can easily be enjoyed over jasmine or basmati rice for a meal that needs more carbs OR feel free to dip your naan bread into it!
Missy’s Greek Chicken Bowl-
– 3 oz. Diced Grilled Chicken (preferably grilled or baked with salt, pepper
-1/2 Cup of Jasmine Rice
-1/2 English Cucumber Diced
– 5-6 Cherry Tomatoes Diced
– 1/4 Cup of Hummus (can be homemade or purchased)
– 1/4 Cup of Tzatziki Sauce (can be homemade or purchased)
– 2 Tbsp. Homemade Greek Seasoning (2 teaspoons Salt, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 2 teaspoons dried basil, 2 teaspoons Greek oregano, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1 teaspoon dried rosemary minced, 1 teaspoon dried dill weed, 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg) This makes a big batch that I keep in pantry, but you can easily find one pre-made that you love at the store!
– 1/2 Cup of Kalamata Olives Diced
– Feta Cheese Crumbles to taste
Dice up cooked chicken breast and add to a skillet with 1/2 tbsp. of olive oil. Sprinkle the Greek seasoning on top of the chicken, stir often to season and warm-up the chicken. Dice up the cucumber, tomatoes and olives (red onion would also be amazing in this!). Measure 1/2 cup of rice and put into bottom of the bowl as your base. Warm-up rice if this rice has already been prepped for the week and coming straight out of your fridge. Spoon heated Greek chicken over the rice and add-in your diced Greek veggies. Spoon the hummus on one side of the bowl and your tzatziki sauce on the other side. Sprinkle with a few feta cheese crumbles over the top for added flavor. Mix all together as you eat and enjoy!