What to do when stuck inside? Work on your cooking skills!!
You asked and we listened! People are always wanting more healthy cooking tips, but also need recipes for family dinners and picky eaters at home.These enchiladas can be made for a ton of different dietary preferences and are so easy, you can make multiple pans at once. Healthy eating can feel lonely, so eating together with your family is important we know.
These enchiladas are perfect for this!!! So watch the above video and go make these…like now!! Full recipe/ingredients below:
Enchilada Ingredients: (Used by both Missy & Micah)
1. Tortillas (We both used the Plant Based Protein version from Mission! Carb balance tortilla’s or gluten free options would also be great!)
2. 1 can of Black Beans
3. 2 Chopped Green Onions
4. 1-2 Cups of Spinach Chooped (Tip: Stack the leaves and then roll them up. Slice to make julliened strips.)
5. 1 jar of Herdez Verde Salsa (Use 2/3 of jar in mixture, save the rest to pour over the enchiladas rolled in pan.)
6. 1 jar of Herdez Guacamole Salsa (Save this to pour over the top.)
How we made ours a bit different:
1. 2 Cups Diced Sirloin
2. 2 Tbsp. Costco Taco Seasoning
3. 1/2 cup Diced Red Pepper
4. Sliced Jalapenos for garnishing the top
1.1 Package of Tofu (Sprinkled with traditional mexican spices: paprika, cumin, chili powder, garlic, onion.. whatever you like!)
2. Sliced Jalapenos for spice (Use in mixture and on top)
Preheat oven to 350. Mix your protein option, spices, and all other ingredients in a bowl. Use 2/3 of the Verde Salsa Jar and mix-in with ingredients, save the rest to pour over the top. Take a tortilla and spoon in a good amount of the mixture; don’t overfill. Roll the tortilla to make an enchilada and place in a 13×9 pan. Continue with the rest of the mixture and tortillas, tucking each enchilada next to the other to fit them in the pan snug. Pour the remainder of Verde Salsa over the top and pour 1/3 of the Guacamole Salsa over the top as well. Garnish with jalapeno and red pepper slices or what you like! Place in oven bake for 20 minutes or until bubble and edges of tortilla’s have crisped. Enjoy!