Ok, ok… I know that men are usually the ones in the weight room. (Ladies, you NEED to be there too, but I’ll get to that in another blog). But there are several compelling reasons why men over 40 should lift weights. So if you ditched the weight room as life got crazy and you got older, here’s why you need to come back:
- Prevent Muscle Loss: As men age, they naturally lose muscle mass, which can lead
to a decrease in strength and mobility. Lifting weights can help slow or even
reverse this muscle loss, helping men maintain their strength and mobility as they
- Improved Bone Density: Weight-bearing exercises like lifting weights can help
improve bone density, which is important for preventing conditions like
- Increased Metabolism: Lifting weights can help boost metabolism, which can aid
in weight loss and weight management. As men age, their metabolism naturally
slows down, so lifting weights can be especially beneficial in maintaining a healthy
- Reduced Risk of Chronic Disease: Regular strength training has been shown to
help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, and
certain types of cancer.
- Improved Mental Health: Exercise has been shown to help improve mood and
reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety. Lifting weights can be a great way to
relieve stress and improve mental health.
- Increased Energy and Stamina: Strength training can help increase energy and
stamina, which can be especially important for men over 40 who may be
experiencing decreased energy levels due to aging.
Overall, lifting weights can offer numerous benefits for men, and the benefits only increase as we age. So you are never too old to lift weights or get back in the gym! Increase the muscle mass, boost testosterone and metabolism, and lose that weight once and for all. So come workout with us at Omaha’s premier group fitness experience, Edge Body Boot Camp Omaha. Our group strength and conditioning workouts are a blend of the strength training and cardio you need to achieve your weight loss and fitness goals. Click the free trial button and we’ll get you scheduled for your free trial with a coach. Don’t go at this alone, we are here to help!!