COVID shut us down and we had to learn to be healthy even if a gym was not available. But what happens when the at-home workouts aren’t cutting it anymore? What happens when you’re losing motivation and accountability to workout on your own? Well if this is you, you’re not alone!
Being coached in-person versus online workouts has its own unique benefits. At-home workouts can be convenient, but having an in-person coach or personal trainer will improve accountability, motivation and overall adherence to an exercise program. Here are some advantages to having a coach or showing up to a group exercise class:
- Personalized Attention: An in-person coach can provide personalized attention and coaching based on your individual needs and goals. They can observe your movements and provide real-time feedback to help you improve your form, technique, and performance. No more guessing, “am I doing this movement correct?”
- Accountability and Motivation: Working with a personal trainer or coach can provide a sense of accountability and motivation. Having someone to show up for and who is invested in your progress can help you stay on track with your workouts and push yourself to achieve your goals. Showing up for someone else, can lead to us showing up for ourselves!
- Customized Programming: An in-person coach can create a customized program based on your fitness level, goals, and any injuries or limitations you may have. This can help ensure that your workouts are safe, effective, and tailored to your specific needs and not a cookie cutter approach.
- Access to Equipment: A group exercise coach can provide access to a variety of equipment and tools that may not be available in your home gym or online workouts. This can allow you to perform more complex exercises and challenge your body in new ways. So get back into a gym that offers strength and conditioning classes!
- Social Interaction: Working with an in-person coach and/or group class can provide social interaction and a sense of community. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals who may feel isolated or unmotivated when working out alone. Burpees are never fun, but they are better when you aren’t doing them alone!
Overall, if you’re struggling with sticking to your current online workouts or fitness plan, or sick of working out alone, you could just use an extra push. This can come when you are in a group class or 1-on-1 with a coach. So come workout with us at Omaha’s premier group fitness experience, Edge Body Boot Camp Omaha. Our group strength and conditioning workouts are a blend of the strength training and cardio you need to achieve your weight loss and fitness goals. Click the free trial button and we’ll get you scheduled for your free trial with a coach. Don’t go at this alone, we are here to help!